RMS Summer Office Hours
The RMS office is open Monday – Friday, 7 am – 3 pm.
Tri. 3 Grades were Posted on Infinite Campus Parent on Tuesday, June 14
Report Cards and Transcripts can be found under the documents tab. The transcript will be updated to include the 2021-22 school year grades on June 24.
Preserving Report Cards: Beginning July 1, only Transcripts will be viewable on your account. It is recommended that you print/save/archive the 2020-21 school year Report Cards you wish to preserve by June 30, 2022.
Trimester Report Card vs Transcript: Trimester 3 Report Cards include grades and teacher comments for each of the three trimesters of the 2021-22 school year as well as the final grade for year-long courses. The student Transcript includes only the final grade for each course. For year-long courses, this final grade serves as a summary grade for all three trimesters. Again, those families that wish to keep a copy of their student’s detailed Report Card for the 2021-22 school year should save or print it by the end of the day on June 30. Report Cards and Transcripts can be found under the documents tab.
Attention 7th Grade Parents
Immunizations must be up-to-date when students start 7th grade. If a student is missing a required immunization, a letter from the RMS school nurse, Robin Schmitz, was recently mailed to these families. Please submit current immunization records or a notarized conscientious objection form to the school before the start of seventh grade. If you have any questions, please contact the school nurse, Robin Schmitz, at email@example.com. Forms can be emailed to the nurse, mailed to the school, or faxed to 651-423-7664.
Students who have purchased a 2021-22 yearbook and are not at school on the last day, their yearbook may be picked up in the main office from 7 am to 3 pm.
Summer Technical Support for Students/Families
Karen Erickson, Mobile Device Support Specialist (MDSS), is scheduled to work this summer to assist students/families with iPad needs since all students are keeping their devices over the summer. Families needing assistance should complete the form at the link below which is also available on the Technology page of the District’s website. (NOTE: Camp Propel will have dedicated MDSS staff available.)
District 196 Free Summer Meals
Throughout the 2022 summer, meals are free, regardless of eligibility, for all District 196 students ages 18 and younger. The District 196 Food and Nutrition Services Department will follow practices consistent with health and safety guidelines. There are no eligibility requirements or identification required.
Meals will be available Monday-Friday, June 20 through August 12, 2022, at four school sites. There will be no meals the week of July 4 through 8. All meals must be consumed on-site. Adult lunch is $5.
Free meals are available Monday through Friday from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. at the following school locations:
· Cedar Park Elementary School, 7500 Whitney Drive, Apple Valley
· Dakota Ridge School, 4629 144 Street West, Apple Valley
· Echo Park Elementary School, 14100 County Road 11, Burnsville
· Thomas Lake Elementary School, 4350 Thomas Lake Road, Eagan
Open Door Summer Mobile Lunchbox
Free healthy meals are available this summer for all children through our partnership with The Open Door Pantry! Meals are available Monday through Friday at various times at several locations throughout the district. No registration or ID is required. For more information, visit www.theopendoorpantry.org.
· Cedar Knolls Mobile Home Community (near the pool), 12:30-1 p.m.
12571 Garland Avenue, Apple Valley
· Cinnamon Ridge Park, 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
4598 Slater Road, Eagan
· Eagan Place Apartments, 11-11:30 a.m.
3575 Lexington Avenue South, Eagan
· Emerald Hills, 11-11:30 a.m.
8555 Bacardi Avenue, Inver Grove Heights
· Rosemount Greens, 12:30-1 p.m.
3810 145th Street West, Rosemount
· Rosemount Woods, 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
13925 Bunratty Avenue, Rosemount
The Open Door also hosts free community meals several times a month in Apple Valley, Burnsville, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville. For complete details, times and locations, visit the Open Door Pantry's website.
MDE Summer Food Service Program
Find a Summer Food Service Program near you.
- Download the Free Meals for Kids app provided by Hunger Impact Partners to your phone or device.
- Call the 211 Hotline. From a cell phone – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211, Greater Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
- Call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151, available from Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Central Time.
- Text USDA to texting service. Text Summer Meals to 914-342-7744. En español, text Verano to 914-342-7744.